A bug is a result of a programming error because of which a functionality does not give the expected output.
- Difference between expected output and actual output.
- By human-made mistake.
example: cab (Functionality is working but not completely)
- A human action that produces an incorrect result.
- A mistake in coding.
- A defect is any flaw in a software system when there is a difference between an expected and actual result that is a defect.
- The defect is classified into three categories
- An error found by the tester is also known as a defect.Example: phone order (If the actual output is different from customer expectation)
- A single error can lead to one or more default.
- A fault may lead to failure.
- A defect expected by the development team it is called a fault.
- Deviation of the software from its expected delivery or services.
- In general, a person makes an error that creates a fault in software and that can cause a failure in operation.
- If the software does not work as per its capacity is called failure.
- The actual result doesn’t meet the user requirement.